Senior Back-end Developer/ Engineer
About the Foodpairing® Company
We are a creative foodtech company at heart.
Foodpairing is a market research and information technology company identifying the successful flavour combinations of tomorrow. Through discovering the combination of scientific flavour insights and unique consumer data, we reduce the time to market and increase the success rate of product launches - this can improve enjoyment and the quality of our lives.
Ours is a unique approach to foodtech that utilizes chemistry, physics and data science as a launching pad for the future of food. It's no secret that our food system is out of balance. Global issues such as climate change, sustainability and obesity are directly related to food. By changing the way we eat, we can restore our planet.
Foodpairing strives to be a part of the solution and to become a global leader in the foodtech industry. Our long-term mission is to become the go-to platform for creating unique, fully customizable recipes based on science to promote healthy, sustainable lives.
Are you ready to be at the forefront of Foodtech?
- Create an efficient platform to integrate our unique algorithms & food scientific data with innovative food applications
- Cooperate and assist the R&D team with technical set-up & tooling
- Build up frameworks to unlock the potential of our food-algorithms
- Design and implement automated testing
- Keep up to date with trends and evolutions in relevant technologies and methodologies in your area of expertise
- Creating & conceptualizing platforms, integrating algorithms and setting up them (tooling)
- Implementing the connection between business and the data bases
- Development & integration of scalability and performance capabilities
- Adapting & coping in the extending process of the data model
- Supporting & cooperating by working in a team with R&D
- Interacting & presenting through well-evolved communication skills and assertive through logical thinking
- Executing & organizing by being up-to-date and learning (on-going process)
About the Candidate
- Master degree in Computer Science, or a Bachelor with equivalent experience
- .Net MVC- and Node.js- skills
- SQL or NoSQL experiences
- REST API
- Cloud hosting (Amazon AWS, Heroku) and micro-service architecture
- git, TDD / unit testing, automatic deployments (part of your workflow)
- Interested in other languages (e.g. Python)
- open-minded for new technologies and how to apply them
In some cases, we offer trainings!
Foodpairing® offers & advantages
- Working in a passionate team at the highest level of creativity and focus on people´s strengths and passions
- A global company with customers in all continents; employees get international experiences and can work on several projects such as workshops for clients and content creation for blogs and social media
- Long term contract with an attractive salary and extra compensations for transport, eco cheques and tasty food
- Working in a company-culture with ownership, self-responsibility and accountability
- Being part of a young, flexible dynamic team of a chef, scientists, marketing, sales and more
Join our team! We can offer you a successful and rewarding career in an award-winning start-up.
Send your motivation letter and resume to us. State how you want to contribute to our company.