Data Engineer with experience in Nosql, GraphDB, R, Python
About the Foodpairing® Company
We are a creative foodtech company at heart.
Foodpairing is a market research and information technology company identifying the successful flavour combinations of tomorrow. Through discovering the combination of scientific flavour insights and unique consumer data, we reduce the time to market and increase the success rate of product launches - this can improve enjoyment and the quality of our lives.
Ours is a unique approach to foodtech that utilizes chemistry, physics and data science as a launching pad for the future of food. It's no secret that our food system is out of balance. Global issues such as climate change, sustainability and obesity are directly related to food. By changing the way we eat, we can restore our planet.
Foodpairing strives to be a part of the solution and to become a global leader in the foodtech industry. Our long-term mission is to become the go-to platform for creating unique, fully customizable recipes based on science to promote healthy, sustainable lives.
Are you ready to be at the forefront of Foodtech?
- As a Data Engineer, you will cooperate with our Development team and Data Analysis Team
Build the data store to hold our data coming from diverse sources. Our data gathering process combines several sources including unique proprietary data sets such as the scientific data, chef data aggregated from Foodpairing.com and consumer behaviour data
Architect and develop highly scalable data management systems
Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry best practices
Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production
Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
Asses disaster recovery procedures
Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
Analysing & understanding the why and way of working of the things and how to make them better
- Adapting & coping with perseverance in an environment with ever moving parts, where it may not work from the first time.
- Organizing & executing by creating the data stores
- Supporting & cooperating with the team with respect , as data engineers might feel the wizards of Oz in playing with underlying infrastructures
- Focussing & Interacting as designing data is your work, while you will want to spend time in understanding the intricacies of how and why a data pipeline works as it does
About the Candidate
- Bachelor- or Master degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent through experience
- R or Python experiences
- NodeJS experience is a +
- SQL, NoSQL and GraphDB experiences
- Hadoop or Spark knowledge
- Proficient in English
- Interest in food and food trends
- Stress resistant
In some cases, we offer trainings!
Foodpairing® offers & advantages
- Working in a passionate team at the highest level of creativity and focus on people´s strengths and passions
- A global company with customers in all continents; employees get international experiences and can work on several projects such as workshops for clients
- Long term contract with an attractive salary and extra compensations for transport, eco cheques and tasty food
- Working in a company-culture with ownership, self-responsibility and accountability
- Being part of a young, flexible and dynamic team together with a chef, scientists, marketing, sales and more
- A hands-on mentality
Join our team! We can offer you a successful and rewarding career in an award-winning start-up.
Send your motivation letter and resume to us. State how you want to contribute to our company.