Last revised March 10, 2014
CONTACT AND GENERAL INFORMATION
This Website is owned by FOODPAIRING NV and may be accessed in Belgium and abroad. For data protection purposes, FOODPAIRING NV is the data controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of data in accordance with the Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and with Directive 95/46/EC.
FOODPAIRING NV can be contacted by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at +32 50 36 75 00 or by mail to Foodpairing, Nijverheidsstraat 7, 8310 Brugge.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
WHEN VISITING THE WEBSITE
When you visit the Website, certain kinds of information, such as:
- the website that referred you to us,
- your IP address, browser type and language,
- access times,
FOODPAIRING NV may also collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Website. Upon login, FOODPAIRING NV may match the User’s visit and navigational information with personal data that has been voluntarily provided to FOODPAIRING NV.
The User may, at all times, choose not to provide personal data, but if he so chooses, certain products and services may not be available.
WHEN USING THE SERVICES
Personal data (e.g., username and password, age, name, mailing address, email address, and credit card number and billing address) are collected when the User creates an account on the Website to register for the Services.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
FOODPAIRING NV collects and uses its Users’ personal data to:
- provide the User the Services as requested,
- operate and improve its websites,
- process transactions,
- provide customer service,
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies,
- create statistics of use of Services and user profiles in aggregated and anonymized form, and
- display content that is customized to the User’s interests and preferences.
FOODPAIRING NV also uses personal data to communicate with the User. FOODPAIRING NV may send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase conﬁrmations.
FOODPAIRING NV may also send surveys or marketing communications to inform the User of new products or services or other information that may be of interest. If the User does not wish to receive marketing communications, “unsubscribe” instructions are included within each email communication. Please keep in mind that, if you choose not to receive marketing communications, you will continue to receive transactional or account communications (e.g., conﬁrmation emails and account balance statements).
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FOODPAIRING NV may however share personal data of Users:
- within its corporate group, including subsidiaries and divisions, all of whom may use Users’ information for the purposes disclosed herein;
- with service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to ful?ll orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal data they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the con?dentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose and from disclosing this information to other parties.
- if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FOODPAIRING NV draws attention to the fact that Users have the right to access their data and, where appropriate, request rectiﬁcation of any erroneous data relating to them.
Users may furthermore, at any moment, object by means of a simple request and free of charge, to the future processing of personal data relating to the User for the purpose of direct marketing (see also under section 3).
Users wishing to access or correct information that was previously provided to FOODPAIRING NV can access and correct this information through the “My Account” section of the Website. In case of diﬃculties, users may contact FOODPAIRING NV by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to access or correct their personal data.
PERSONAL DATA PREFERENCES
FOODPAIRING NV respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal data. If at any time the User decides that he does not want to receive marketing communications from FOODPAIRING NV, he is requested to follow the "unsubscribe" instructions in those communications or to send an e-mail to email@example.com, mentioning “privacy” in the subject line.
Users opting out of marketing communications will continue to receive transactional or account communications (e.g., conﬁrmation emails and account balance statements).
FOODPAIRING NV may collect non-personally identiﬁable information passively using “cookies” and “action tags”. "Cookies" are small text ﬁles that are placed on your computer in order to identify your web browser and the activities of your computer on our website and other websites. "Action tags," also known as web beacons or gif tags, are a web technology used to help track website usage information, such as how many times a speciﬁc page has been viewed.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of User’s personal information is important to FOODPAIRING NV. FOODPAIRING NV follows generally accepted industry standards to help protect personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while FOODPAIRING NV strives to protect personal data with reasonable efforts, FOODPAIRING NV cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is the User’s responsibility to keep his login information and password conﬁdential.
The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats, if available. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases of any kind.
FOODPAIRING NV may link to websites, including those of third-party content providers, which have diﬀerent privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. FOODPAIRING NV assumes no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourages Users to become acquainted with them prior to use.